The Royal Botanic Garden will reopen to the public on Wednesday 1 July.
But be aware. If you want to visit the oasis in Inverleith, you’ll need to book a free time slot online before you turn up. You can do so HERE.
The pre-booking requirement applies to everyone, including members, carers, children, and babies (up to 8 people per booking) between 10am and 5pm (last entry at 4.45pm).
Slots are currently available up to and including Wednesday 15 July.
After your chosen arrival time, you’ll have 45 minutes to make an entrance.
After that, you can stay as long as you like.
The Glasshouses, Herbarium, restaurant and cafés will remain shut for the time being.
RGBE guidelines state that:
- You will receive a warm welcome at a distance.
- Visitor capacity will be monitored to facilitate physical distancing.
- There will be hand sanitiser units at entrances of the Gardens.
- There will be protection screens at receptions.
- Contactless payments only at Edinburgh, and preferred at other Gardens.
- Our staff will be wearing PPE.
- You will be guided by helpful, directional signage within the boundaries of the Gardens.
- We ask that you observe two metre physical distancing in line with Scottish Government guidelines.
- Toilet facilities will be available, but please observe maximum limits.
Admission details have returned to normal at the other Botanic Gardens in Benmore, Dawyck, and Logan, where you don’t have to book in advance.